Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dummy Channel (Program guide not available)
Dear Admin, 
I wasn't sure if I should post this thread in "channel requests" or "feature requests" so I apologize in advance if this ended up in the wrong thread. 
I absolutely love your service, it's nearly perfect and definitely the best one out there (believe me, I tried them all). 
However, there's one thing I am missing a lot and it's a dummy epg for channels with no or missing program guide. Something with "Program guide not available" or similar text repeating every hour. eg:
1:00 Program guide not available
2:00 Program guide not available
3:00 Program guide not available...

This may have been discussed before somewhere on the forum and has been considered a useless feature, but let me explain the practical use of it: my iptv provider provides catch up option to watch already aired programs by choosing them from the epg menu. However it works only if there's an epg assigned to the channel. If there's no epg, you can only watch live tv without the option of catch up or even pause/rewind. So the dummy TVG-ID would be a perfect solution for that. While now I am forced to use random tvg-ids simply not to leave it blank. 
Thank you so much for your time!
(01-13-2024, 03:40 AM)gyolchanyan Wrote: Big Grin I would support this idea, if it's not too much trouble to keep it updated.

Dear Admin, 
I wasn't sure if I should post this thread in "channel requests" or "feature requests" so I apologize in advance if this ended up in the wrong thread. 
I absolutely love your service, it's nearly perfect and definitely the best one out there (believe me, I tried them all). 
However, there's one thing I am missing a lot and it's a dummy epg for channels with no or missing program guide. Something with "Program guide not available" or similar text repeating every hour. eg:
1:00 Program guide not available
2:00 Program guide not available
3:00 Program guide not available...

This may have been discussed before somewhere on the forum and has been considered a useless feature, but let me explain the practical use of it: my iptv provider provides catch up option to watch already aired programs by choosing them from the epg menu. However it works only if there's an epg assigned to the channel. If there's no epg, you can only watch live tv without the option of catch up or even pause/rewind. So the dummy TVG-ID would be a perfect solution for that. While now I am forced to use random tvg-ids simply not to leave it blank. 
Thank you so much for your time!
There is a dummy guide epg in the us for a long time.
Look for it.
DummyChannel.us

Other than that, I am glad that you like our service.

We are doing our best to stay the best.