Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPG is off or not present for a lot of my channels
(01-29-2020, 01:50 AM)whoa Wrote: Ok. I understand no one is telling me to do anything. I am troubleshooting on my end to make sure Im not the problem in this equation and when I post Im only trying to give you facts to either spark something on your end or maybe for you to explain what I am doing wrong on my end. Nothing more. And to be clear, Im not a flamer, it serves no point in making anyone angry so I dont even bother with the energy of getting upset.

Anywho...

Specifics to me and my programming:
Under "USA LOCALS"
Channel 1 is actually accurate and has been since the beginning (meaning when I initially posted 2 days ago).
Channels 2-6 are not and all are 6 hours off.

Under "USA NEWS"
The first 3 channels are all I look at and they are all also off by 6 hours.

So when I check to see if the programming is correct I am only looking at those channels, but to me, thats enough to illustrate something isnt setup right.

Hey, you have to go to your account and select the "Use server time default" that's located in the EPG timezone settings then click save. Mines is fixed. Thank you for your hard work guys!!
Yeah... So Mr Admin seems to have done some sort of push because I noticed about 15 mins ago my EPG was "Updating" and it just now finished. I did a refresh of the guide in Plex and Ala Kazam! I think Im fixed as well.

FYI my timezone still says what my timezone actually is and not "Use server time default".

Mr Admin - My thanks! Have a great night!
This issue is resolved. Please save your channels to update your xml file. Also make sure you clear or flush epg data on your apps/device/panel depending on your situation to make sure your downloading all new correct data.
(01-29-2020, 01:50 AM)whoa Wrote: when I post Im only trying to give you facts to either spark something on your end or maybe for you to explain what I am doing wrong on my end.

So when I check to see if the programming is correct I am only looking at those channels, but to me, thats enough to illustrate something isnt setup right.

The problem is, you give me the wrong info.
I can't do anything with your info.

I am trying to help, but it is really hard, if you do not listen to me.

Instead of answering my questions, you explain to me, how you broke apart your system and what you did in Plex.
I have no idea about Plex, so I can't even imagine, what you are doing there.

Based on the FOR ME useless information you gave me, I was shooting in the dark and threw random solutions and information at you, which might help you to understand what it is going on.

I am not upset, I am just explaining stuff.

It's your cup of tea, what you do with that information.

I am explaining it the best way I can in my 3rd language.
I can't tell you more.

The issue is fixed.
It was affecting only US channels and a few Canadians.
The Canadians are still updating.

Your xml file has all the right data for US channels now, no matter what your time zone settings are.
That's all I can tell you.

I am really sorry if I came over wrongly or if I couldn't help you.
The time offsets are now correct, but the data thats being received for each station is not giving which season/episode non movies are. If Plex doesnt get that information then Plex translates that program as a movie and it tries to find a movie poster/meta data for each of those programs. So I had to turn off that level of logging because I was getting thousands of errors on "Movie not found" type of errors. Can you please update the program data to include season/episode for non movies?

After looking at the EPG I have received so far I'd say that ~20% of the programs show season/episode, the rest of the programs that should show season/episode do not.
Please search the forum about this.
It was answered countless times.

I don't know what you think, how EPG is created, but we can't pull episode numbers from thin air.
If the official source doesn't provide that data, then we can't give you that data either.
So simple is that.

I am closing this topic now, because it fullfilled its purpose long ago.