Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for API based m3u source
The provider I want to use seems to use an API based m3u generation, rather than a link to a static m3u file.

e.g. The url format is:

https://someserver/api/list/%username%/%password%/m3u8/livetv
Instead of:
http://someserver/somefile.m3u

Would be great if this could be implemented.
Currently the system returns a msg that the link is not valid.
We know about the problem. We already looked into it, however this is used only by pproviders using XUI panel, and that panel has a very bad API description and it would take too long to create this by trial and error, therefore we stopped working on it for now.

There is absolutely no need for creating m3u by API. There is absolutely no benefit to it as it doesn't make anything easier to anybody nor does it add any feature that a normal m3u couldn't do.

Tell your iptv provider to go back to normal m3u lists or change the provider, or change the epg source, which I wouldn't recommend, because you get only crap by our competitors. Tongue

We will try to create a solution for this, but it won't happen soon as we have more important things on our list.
(07-14-2021, 09:05 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: We know about the problem. We already looked into it, however this is used only by pproviders using XUI panel, and that panel has a very bad API description and it would take too long to create this by trial and error, therefore we stopped working on it for now.

There is absolutely no need for creating m3u by API. There is absolutely no benefit to it as it doesn't make anything easier to anybody nor does it add any feature that a normal m3u couldn't do.

Tell your iptv provider to go back to normal m3u lists or change the provider, or change the epg source, which I wouldn't recommend, because you get only crap by our competitors. Tongue

We will try to create a solution for this, but it won't happen soon as we have more important things on our list.

Yeah except for that no-one get even near your epg quality, the other issue is that their API doesn't allow to filter.
Hence a massive m3u to deal with in the client app  Confused
That's what I meant. The API has no advantage at all. You get massive m3u files no matter if it is generated as a m3u file or it is generated by an API.

There are providers who actually offer dashboards where you can filter groups and countries, but that has nothing to do with an API.
(07-14-2021, 09:58 AM)rdj Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 09:05 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: We know about the problem. We already looked into it, however this is used only by pproviders using XUI panel, and that panel has a very bad API description and it would take too long to create this by trial and error, therefore we stopped working on it for now.

Yeah except for that no-one get even near your epg quality, the other issue is that their API doesn't allow to filter.
Hence a massive m3u to deal with in the client app  Confused

Why not just have a cron job that queries the api and downloads the m3u every so often and make it so the service and use that?

Should be pretty simple if your running linux anywhere or can even be done on windows with a few hacks if needed.  As for making it available you can use any web server and password protect the page (windows has plenty of portable dev webservers, saw a few that even provide a free fqdn like fenix)

Just a thought on a work around till they get it sorted.
I have the same problem, hope you can solve it when you get time. Meanwhile I periodically download the API version and then upload the resulting static m3u file to epg.best. This takes care of avoiding duplicates and adds new links from updates, but can't support deleting obsolete links.
We made it a high priority task, because apparently more and more iptv provider use this useless API system, which adds exactly nothing to the experience for anybody.

We hope we can come up with something soon.
This is live now.

Now you can import your channels by using API credentials.

When you click the "Add New M3U" button, you will see a new row in the upcoming screen with the option to provide your API credentials.

Attached Files Image(s)