Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto accept playlist changes for specific groups
Auto accept playlist changes for specific groups

For example I have a pay per view group of channels that the channel names change nightly.
I agree
We update only new urls.
No names from provider will be updated ever.
If we would update names from provider, the m3u editor would lose its reason to exist.
(11-18-2019, 06:29 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: We update only new urls.
No names from provider will be updated ever.
If we would update names from provider, the m3u editor would lose its reason to exist.

It's a shame you wont consider making the feature.  I use other editors that have this functionality they allow you the option to mark specific groups for "live channel names".  This allows for having the epg channel name update on a daily basis.  this is needed for sports sections like nba, nfl, mlb, where channel names are actual games for that day.  without this, the specific group always displays the same channel name, therefore incorrect games for that day.

I love this service, it's the best without a doubt, but not having this functionality has not allow me to just use this one as my primary source.  If you had this functionality, this for sure will be the only service i would need.

Thanks
We will think about it.
Unfortunately we can not add new features at the moment, because we still have enough work to fix backend issues and make the service more stable and faster.

We will start considering new features in January the soonest.
(11-18-2019, 10:20 PM)jorgitoxp Wrote: I use other editors that have this functionality they allow you the option to mark specific groups for "live channel names".  This allows for having the epg channel name update on a daily basis.

This is actually impossible, I think, but at least very unreliable, because you can rename your groups how ever you want and you have absolutely no other ID for the groups beside their names.
The only possible solution would be to store the original name of the group in the background, but that becomes useless as soon as the provider renames the group or even changes one character (for example adding a retarded emoji or some decoration like **++** or whatever abominations they always invent) of the group name.

So even if you use another editor which does this, they were just lucky until now that it worked... if it even worked at all...
(12-28-2019, 02:07 AM)Epg Admin Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:20 PM)jorgitoxp Wrote: I use other editors that have this functionality they allow you the option to mark specific groups for "live channel names".  This allows for having the epg channel name update on a daily basis.

This is actually impossible, I think, but at least very unreliable, because you can rename your groups how ever you want and you have absolutely no other ID for the groups beside their names.
The only possible solution would be to store the original name of the group in the background, but that becomes useless as soon as the provider renames the group or even changes one character (for example adding a retarded emoji or some decoration like **++** or whatever abominations they always invent) of the group name.

So even if you use another editor which does this, they were just lucky until now that it worked... if it even worked at all...

I think he means you can tell the editor that "GroupA" should wipe itself out every update and rebuild as new.   Or just overwrite everything in that group nightly with sync.   Since these channels probably dont have EPG, there is no worry of re-identifying them. this feature would only work on original groups that came from the provider, not iptv-epg manually created groups.

My iptv provider now does this...  they "delete" all PPV channels ever night in their M3u then add in totally new unique channels..  This now works better with iptv-epg  but i have to manually "approve" the deletes and adds in iptv-epg.     So maybe an option or feature request for iptv-epg should be to "auto accept changes" settable for specific original groups.   Obviously like you said this can not be done for new groups we create...   But if we keep the original providers group you could allow nightly changes without conformation on those specific groups we enable it on?
We have too much to do and we are unable to close up for a long time, but as soon as we finished all the important stuff, we will look at these things.