Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create our own custom tvg-id entries as a profile option
Does iptv-epg now allow users to enter their own values for the tvg-id field? It appears every other field is user editable exept that one. I do not want to use the autogenerated epg values from your site. Just want the m3u editing functionality.
The tvg-id is essential for receiving EPG.
You can't just use anything.
We had the option to add your own tvg-id previously, but people were confused and we had to remove it.
(08-31-2019, 10:02 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: The tvg-id is essential for receiving EPG.
You can't just use anything.
We had the option to add your own tvg-id previously, but people were confused and we had to remove it.

I completely understand that its essential, but not everyone uses your epg for their guide data. Without it being editable we can't match it to our own tvg-id's that we get from other sources. 

Theres no way you will add this funtionality back?
We can make it to an option in your profile, but I don't see the benefits.

We are an EPG provider and not an m3u editor in the first place.

I am pretty sure that our EPG is far superior to any of the EPG you get on the net, which doesn't come from Gracenote or similar agencies, who ask for €25000 and more for their data., so in my opinion you are just wasting your money if you pay for having an m3u editor.

You get m3u editor software on the net for free or for a one time payment.
(09-01-2019, 12:41 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: We can make it to an option in your profile, but I don't see the benefits.

I am pretty sure that our EPG is far superior to any of the EPG you get on the net, which doesn't come from Gracenote or similar agencies, who ask for €25000 and more for their data., so in my opinion you are just wasting your money if you pay for having an m3u editor.

I would love it as an option on my profile, how do we go about setting that up?
We will see what we can do.

Won't be done fast though, as we have more important things to add and fix now.
(09-01-2019, 12:41 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: We can make it to an option in your profile, but I don't see the benefits.

I am also interested in this.
I'm looking for something similar, but I think it is what is being asked though.

The <display-name> tag is what I need to be editable. It doesn't match the 'Channel name in your m3u file'. I'm using your service for the EPG and not as an m3u editor and therefore am using my original m3u rather than the one provided in this service. Otherwise, I would need to login and accept any m3u changes in order for the channel to load on my TV.
(05-20-2020, 07:53 PM)Kick4U Wrote: I'm looking for something similar, but I think it is what is being asked though.

The <display-name> tag is what I need to be editable.  It doesn't match the 'Channel name in your m3u file'.  I'm using your service for the EPG and not as an m3u editor and therefore am using my original m3u rather than the one provided in this service.  Otherwise, I would need to login and accept any m3u changes in order for the channel to load on my TV.

[Image: thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-a...-works.jpg]

<display-name> is an xml tag.
First of all we are not an xml editor and even if we would make it editable, which we won't, it wouldn't do anything for you because the only thing that binds streaming channels to epg channels is the tvg-id.

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but editing the m3u file is the only way to attach EPG to your channels.

If you don't want to edit your m3u file, fine, then tell your iptv provider that they should start using our tvg-ids in their m3u files.

I am really tired of people blaming us for every failure of every POS software and expecting us making their POS software work.
ok, but TVHeadend has a setting to allow the ability to use the display name to bind the channel instead of the tvg-id. I figured since the tvg-id is critical to the underlying operation of your service that the display name would be a nice compromise. Like a setting to choose to use either the m3u name or the standard tv-id name with logical spaces.