Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung app released
Our Samsung App has been released on the following Smart TV models from the year 2017:

UBD-MM95C
UBD-MM95
UBD-MM90C
UBD-MM90
UBD-MM85C
UBD-MM85
UBD-M9500B
UBD-M9500
UBD-M9000B
UBD-M9000
UBD-M8500B
UBD-M8500

All other models will follow soon.
Samsung has a very confusing system for releasing apps.

If you can't find the app called "EPiG" on your Samsung TV, you need to be patient for another couple of days.
Thank you!
Just wondered if UE46H7000 will eventually be supported by your app - can you please elaborate on that? Your announcement does not list any pre-2017 models.

Thanks!
Samsung is a lousy outfit.
They are testing the app since over a month now.
The app was submitted for all the 2016, 2017 and 2018 models, but Samsung is sitting on them.
Unfortunately we can't do anything, just wait.
I believe this particular model is from 2014 - does that mean I am out of luck?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model...7000STXXU/
That model is actually from 2013, therefore it can not be supported.
Only TV devices manufactured in 2016, 2017 and 2018 will be supported, because Samsung changed the OS to Tizen in 2016.

Everything below 2015 is too much hassle to develop and maintain, because Samsung also doesn't support those devices anymore.
Although 2015 devices are still supported up to a certain degree, it is not profitable to develop for those devices anymore.

I'm afraid, you need to buy a new TV.
Thanks for the detailed write-up. My main TV is a Bravia with Android TV - I will be using this Samsung only temporarily.

For people with older Samsung TVs, I believe it makes more sense to buy a cheap Android box which supports Kodi and Perfect Player.
Exactly.
Or an Amazon Fire TV is also a very good choice.

I forgot to paste the link with the list of Samsung TV models and their manufacturing years:
https://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop...del-groups

If anybody is interested...