Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrong epg for the US Mtv
Hi,
I wanted to report the tvg-id mtv.us don't show the right epg for the US channel Mtv. Now in the channel is playing the movie "white chicks" while the epg shows "Talladega nights" .
Wait your news thanks
I don't see any problem with the mtv.us EPG.

It has the data of the eastern feed with UTC times.

Those two shows are next to eachother so you clearly have a time shifting issue.

Please check your timezone settings and read our FAQ about timezones and timeshifting.
(03-19-2018, 01:25 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: I don't see any problem with the mtv.us EPG.

It has the data of the eastern feed with UTC times.

Those two shows are next to eachother so you clearly have a time shifting issue.

Please check your timezone settings and read our FAQ about timezones and timeshifting.

But i actually have set the utc timezone in the settings of my account and in fact the timeshift for most of the epg channels is correct so it should be something with this channel..
I compared our data with two different websites and it's the same.

We have Daylight Saving Time switches all over the world and that not even the same day everywhere.
In Canda it was on 11. March, in Europe it is 25. March, in Turkey there is absolutely no change etc.

It can mess up the softwares.

For me for some channels KODI shows the same show for the whole week and displays the date 1970 although the EPG data is correct in the xml file. I checked 1000 times.

Use the time shift function in the m3u editor as a workaround.
(03-20-2018, 10:44 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: I compared our data with two different websites and it's the same.

We have Daylight Saving Time switches all over the world and that not even the same day everywhere.
In Canda it was on 11. March, in Europe it is 25. March, in Turkey there is absolutely no change etc.

It can mess up the softwares.

For me for some channels KODI shows the same show for the whole week and displays the date 1970 although the EPG data is correct in the xml file. I checked 1000 times.

Use the time shift function in the m3u editor as a workaround.

the only problem is that i use the zip file from your site (for the enigma 2) and not the m3u link so I can't use the timeshift function in the m3u editor because as you also told me is not gonna work with the enigma 2..That's why i was hoping there was another workaround to fix this problem but as I understood there is not.
Please go to tvpassport.com or to a similar website and compare the schedule with ours.

I couldn't find a discrepancy.

I think, when this Summer Time bullshit is over, it will sort itself out.
(03-20-2018, 04:17 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: Please go to tvpassport.com or to a similar website and compare the schedule with ours.

I couldn't find a discrepancy.

I think, when this Summer Time bullshit is over, it will sort itself out.

Yeah yeah but in fact it's correct the epg is just the timeshift that it's wrong. But here the epg for the mtv.us is 5 hours behind and not just one hour
The data is stored with UTC time.
The US east coast is UTC-5 (at the moment UTC-4), so it checks out.

You just have to try to find out the best settings for you with time zones.

Set the time zone in your Enigma2 box to your actual timezone.

Set your pofile on our site to UTC.

I really can't tell you more, nor can I give you a better advice.

You can ask on Enigma2 forums if there is a possibility to fix this, or you can try to use a different image.
You should also always use the latest version of your image.
(03-20-2018, 04:48 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: The data is stored with UTC time.
The US east coast is UTC-5 (at the moment UTC-4), so it checks out.

You just have to try to find out the best settings for you with time zones.

Set the time zone in your Enigma2 box to your actual timezone.

Set your pofile on our site to UTC.

I really can't tell you more, nor can I give you a better advice.

You can ask on Enigma2 forums if there is a possibility to fix this, or you can try to use a different image.
You should also always use the latest version of your image.

ok thanks but is it possible that maybe the utc timezone is not set for all the channels? Because i checked for other us channels that i have and the epg is correctly timeshifted so i think it should be something wrong with the channel mtv.
MTV.us is originally stored with UTC time.

There are channels which are stored with their respective time zones, but exactly that's the reason why you should set a timezone in your profile.
Your generated xml file will be matched to the timezone you have set, so your xml file is always standardized.

We advise to use UTC no matter where you are, because apps and softwares can calculate timezones from UTC probably mor easily than from other timezones.

Your device still needs to be set to the real time zone, because otherwise the EPG data will be displayed wrongly.

Your device also has to be able to handle Daylight Saving Times correctly.