Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TVG-ID mismatch
Hi,

I'm newbie when it comes to xml and m3u files and therefore I need your help.
I have had IPTV up and running for a period of time and works fine apart from the EPG, which I have really missed. 
Therefore I started up an account on this site.  I am using my IPTV on android and using IPTV extreme app. 

I have followed all guides and really tries but I am still stuck.

I have upload my M3U (received from my provider) and from this created my XML link which I add in the IPTV extreme app.
95% of my selected channels are correct when it comes to EPG, but a few are still missing Smile

For example Sky Cinema Greats, below is from my M3U file (from my provider)
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="SkyCinemaGreats.uk" tvg-name="Sky Cinema Greats UK" 
xml file the tvg-id="SkyGreats.UK"

Same for below
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="SkyScFi.uk" tvg-name="Sky Cinema Sci-Fi & Horror HD UK"
xml file the tvg-id="SkySciFiHorror.UK"

On this one:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="Sky Sports Premier League HD UK"
xml file the tvg-id="SkySportsPremierLeague.UK"

I guess this is the reason that I don't get any EPG, or? what I can I do to fix this, really annoying to have almost all but a few are missing?
I guess I can't change the m3u file that I get from the provider, or?

Many thanks for the support
Danne75
You have to click the m3u editor link at the top of the site and edit your channels and add the right tvg-id to every channel.

I don't understand what you mean with xml file the tvg-id="SkySciFiHorror.UK" etc.

Every channel has to have the tvg-id. The right one. And they are case sensitive, so SkySciFiHorror.UK is wrong, because our tvg-id is SkySciFiHorror.uk
You can't change tvg-ids anyway, so I assume you just made a typo, or you are not using our xml at all, if you copy pasted that from an xml file.

Anyway, you can add the tvg-id to the m3u file in our m3u editor.
Just start typing if the tvg-id is not among the suggested tvg-ids next to the channel's name and then the possible tvg-ids will pop up in the dropdown list.

If you are sure that you have the right tvg-id in your m3u file and there is still no EPG, you can check our channel list https://www.iptv-epg.com/available-channels if there are shows for that channel in our database. A zero means no show ofcourse. A number bigger than zero indicates that there is EPG data for that channel.

It's also possible that you have to change settings in your streaming app. Disable local databases and cache, empty them, refresh data etc.

There are too many things to be considered.
Read the FAQ on the website and play around.