Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPG is off or not present for a lot of my channels
I appreciate the work and responses. I will wait to reload all data until tomorrow morning and see what I see.

Thanks!
(01-28-2020, 02:22 AM)matrixebiz Wrote: Yeah, that's where I'm a bit confused as well because before the weekend my xml had +0100 but the TV guide in my App still seemed to be correct but I changed it in my account as well anyway to America/Toronto and now in the xml it says -0500" which looks more correct to me because I'm in the eastern timezone -5GMT as well so I'm not sure how it seemed to work before unless my App corrected this on the fly for me?

Normally the time zone settings has absolutely no impact on how your app displays the epg.
You can leave it on Server Time or you can change it to your timezone.

It is only useful in cases where different timezone settings collide.
You have timezone settings in your app, in your device's OS and in the XML.
If those three are all different, it will confuse the system.

In Windows the auto Daylight Saving correction will mess your xml up.

On Amazon Firestick you have to set the timezone correctly in the Amazon OS.

If you use KODI, there you have another setting even if you have set the timezone on the stick itself.

All this is also explained in the FAQ.

This case now is unique because it is a bug in the system which we need to fix.
This has nothing to do with your time zone settings actually.
(01-28-2020, 10:35 AM)Epg Admin Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 02:22 AM)matrixebiz Wrote: Yeah, that's where I'm a bit confused as well because before the weekend my xml had +0100 but the TV guide in my App still seemed to be correct but I changed it in my account as well anyway to America/Toronto and now in the xml it says -0500" which looks more correct to me because I'm in the eastern timezone -5GMT as well so I'm not sure how it seemed to work before unless my App corrected this on the fly for me?

Normally the time zone settings has absolutely no impact on how your app displays the epg.
You can leave it on Server Time or you can change it to your timezone.

It is only useful in cases where different timezone settings collide.
You have timezone settings in your app, in your device's OS and in the XML.
If those three are all different, it will confuse the system.

In Windows the auto Daylight Saving correction will mess your xml up.

On Amazon Firestick you have to set the timezone correctly in the Amazon OS.

If you use KODI, there you have another setting even if you have set the timezone on the stick itself.

All this is also explained in the FAQ.

This case now is unique because it is a bug in the system which we need to fix.
This has nothing to do with your time zone settings actually.

Okay, thank you for clarifying and for the support and work put in this system.
It has been fixed.
Status Report forum post updated.
Ok. So I'm doing my IPTV through Plex using XTeVe. XTeVe is pointed (correctly) at this service for its EPG. I just terminated XTeVe, bounced the Ubuntu instance I have running. Re-exectued the XTeVe executable with correct params, I watched it load (correctly). I then went into Plex - deleted the DVR I have setup to use XTeVe. Recreated the DVR (which is pointed at XTeVe), had it download the entire EPG and its still 6 hours off... What exactly am I doing incorrectly if this is fixed?

Just to be clear, deleting your DVR in PLEX deletes the DVR and all related settings and data.
(01-29-2020, 12:09 AM)whoa Wrote: What exactly am I doing incorrectly if this is fixed?

You didn't read the updated Status Report Forum which told you to click the save button in your account to regenerate your xml file, which I did for you now and all your channels have the right programming with -6 Chicago time.
You are welcome!   Big Grin

Also the channels were updated in that second when I posted the update in the status report forum.
You asked your question about 20 minutes after the data was fully updated.

Without the save button your xml file updates every 4 hours.
(01-29-2020, 12:09 AM)whoa Wrote: full quote

Also please never ever start reinstalling stuff without reading the FAQ, the Forum or contacting us.

You did all the work totally unnecessary, because the only solution for you was waiting for the update.
So, all of the channels I have been having issues with are still having the 6 hour offset issue. I have gone into the 'my channel' section then into one of the groups and manually changed the offset to -6 / +6 / and now back to normal or 0. Each time I did the following: Hit the save button - then backed out of that group to the main menu of all my groups - clicked the 'save all groups' button. Stopped XTeVe. Deleted all the settings/data for XTeVe (I'm doing this now because I suspect that XTeVe is also downloading the epg). Deleting the DVR in Plex. Restarting the Plex service. Recreating XTeVe's settings pointed correctly here for EPG. Then going into Plex and recreating the DVR - forcing it to re-download the EPG. Each time it is the same 6 hours off.

There just isnt anything else I can do to make this work correctly if it were on my end.

I have noticed that the downloading of the EPG is about 100x-ish faster now. It used to take 20-ish mins to downlaod the guide. Now its taking like maybe 1 minute.
I have no idea what you are doing and why you are doing it when nobody told you to do it :-P

Where are you located?

All your epg is set to Chicago time, which means UTC-6

What does it mean offset for you? to what is it 6 hours off?

What is 6 hours off exactly?
What channel?

You need to understand what timezones are and how they work.

Also changing the timeshift in the m3u editor does exactly nothing for you and has nothing to do with timezones.

And maybe you should look at that plex and xteve crap, maybe they have also timezone settings which make your epg off by 6 hours.
If they run on a server, then even the server has a timezone.

If you reinstalled everything from scratch, then they are probably in the standard setting which is most probably UTC
Ok. I understand no one is telling me to do anything. I am troubleshooting on my end to make sure Im not the problem in this equation and when I post Im only trying to give you facts to either spark something on your end or maybe for you to explain what I am doing wrong on my end. Nothing more. And to be clear, Im not a flamer, it serves no point in making anyone angry so I dont even bother with the energy of getting upset.

Anywho...

Specifics to me and my programming:
Under "USA LOCALS"
Channel 1 is actually accurate and has been since the beginning (meaning when I initially posted 2 days ago).
Channels 2-6 are not and all are 6 hours off.

Under "USA NEWS"
The first 3 channels are all I look at and they are all also off by 6 hours.

So when I check to see if the programming is correct I am only looking at those channels, but to me, thats enough to illustrate something isnt setup right.