Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide data
The guide data for the following channels seem to be very wrong. I believe it is more then a time offset.

Starz Comedy
Starz Kids & Family

I compared my iptv streams with https://www.starz.com/schedule and the guide data I have is not correct.
I just compared the official epg to the data we have and it is completely accurate.
Either you look at a timeshifted IPTV or your EPG is timeshifted or your IPTV provider is simply bullshitting you by showing a channel as Starz, which is not Starz at all.
Ok, something is wrong..

What I do know.
The TVG-ID's were matched correctly.
The other Starz channels match up between the EPG, online guide and the actual streams.
The EPG of the two channels listed above did not match the guide on starz website.
All of the Starz IPTV streams matched what was on the Starz website
The movies playing on the 2 channels in question did NOT match what was on the EPG guide.
I was not able to match 2 consecutive movies when comparing the EPG with the Starz website anywhere in the weeks schedule.
Right now, the next morning, these two channels specifically and ONLY these two channels are listing in the EPG as "Unknown Airing" while all the others are fully populated with programming.

This is not to argue, it is to state exactly what I found to try and determine what is going on.

PS. Your service is great, I love it. I am very happy that I started to use it and will likely continue using it for as long as I use IPTV. Great job!
I looked up your account.
Your xml file really contains strange data. I have no idea why.
You probably had bad luck and it's a series of unfortunate events.
It is possible that the source had bad data (wouldn't be the first time) and your xml is not yet updated with the new one.

I changed the source for those channels.

If you would use our EPiG app, you wouldn't have that problem as the app always have the right data, because it doesn't rely on xml files.
Lets see what happens tonight after the current update finishes. We will figure it out. Thank you for your time on this matter.
XML is specifically what I need, I have no need for apps.

So 12 hrs later after the guide update finished this morning I triple checked my guide to the starz schedule and the 2 channels are still not right. Only 1 movie matches in the entire day's schedule between the two. Unless the 2 schedules are off by several days, I can't see how the EPG is even close to correct. Remember, I am not going by what is in the stream, I am simply comparing what my EPG says to the starz online schedule.

And just curious, what was so strange with my XML? I don't rely on the channel numbering and I use static xml for the stations that don't have EPG.
This should be fixed.