Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modify EPG for FoodNetwork.us and LifetimeNetworks.us
Please add the episode numbers to FoodNetorks.us epg, bravo.us and also to LifetimeNetworks.us epg.  On the xml file it is "<episode-num>"

thanks
Yeah, that's not how it works.

We can't suck episode numbers from thin air.
If the source doesn't give us episode numbers, we can't add them to the xml.
If there are episode numbers, then it will be in the xml file as well.
I would like also ask that episode numbers be added to all programs if possible.  We need some way to determine if these are new programs.  This is one of the most important functions pf my DVR.  We need some way to determine what is new for future recordings.  I'm a fan of your service and have bought a subscription but will have to look at other options without episode type information
Read the comment right above yours and you have your answer.
If we don't have episode numbers, nobody has them, except maybe Gracenote, which costs €25000 per year.
(07-09-2019, 11:06 PM)Howsdat Wrote: I would like also ask that episode numbers be added to all programs if possible.  We need some way to determine if these are new programs.  This is one of the most important functions pf my DVR.  We need some way to determine what is new for future recordings.  I'm a fan of your service and have bought a subscription but will have to look at other options without episode type information

I did and I have watched all your videos which are very helpful.  I'm convinced you guys have great product, I'm just trying to better understand the process.

One more question

There is also a field for repeat programs.  Can you tell me if adding that is a possibility?
(07-11-2019, 02:56 PM)Howsdat Wrote: I would like also ask that episode numbers be added to all programs if possible.  We need some way to determine if these are new programs.  This is one of the most important functions pf my DVR.  We need some way to determine what is new for future recordings.  I'm a fan of your service and have bought a subscription but will have to look at other options without episode type information

I did and I have watched all your videos which are very helpful.  I'm convinced you guys have great product, I'm just trying to better understand the process.

One more question

There is also a field for repeat programs.  Can you tell me if adding that is a possibility?

It's all the same.
If we get the info, we give you the info. If we don't get it, we can't give it to you.
(07-11-2019, 03:46 PM)Epg Admin Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 02:56 PM)Howsdat Wrote: I would like also ask that episode numbers be added to all programs if possible.  We need some way to determine if these are new programs.  This is one of the most important functions pf my DVR.  We need some way to determine what is new for future recordings.  I'm a fan of your service and have bought a subscription but will have to look at other options without episode type information

One more question

It's all the same.
If we get the info, we give you the info. If we don't get it, we can't give it to you.

Understood and Thank you
I'm just trying to understand the process.  TNT.us would get its epg info from the TNT website?

Again not trying to be a pain but...if thats the case the website has episode and season info and so you expect it top be in the xml right?
I personally doubt it as to create a file to grab epg data from the website for every single channel would not only be time consuming but a pain to try to maintain.
most likely the channel is grabbed from a website that has many channels(incuding this one) so only 1 files needs to be maintained for many channels.

I have nothing todo with this site,its just my opinion.

maybe you should ask if the source can be changed to one that might be available that has the season/episode info if possible.
Like i said just trying to understand the process.

Thats a great idea for suggesting a different source...is that something we can do?