Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorrect EPG content - UFCTV.us
I programmed UFC Fight night on Sat 3-16-19 @ 1000 & 1300 hrs and the program it recorded was not what the EPG said it would be. So this morning I dug in to see why. I found today Sun 3-17-19 @ 1200-1800 the IPTV-EPG lists Pancrase 303.  Looking in the UFC.TV app that is what is playing live. However Vader is streaming "UFC Twenty Five Greatest Fights" which is an archived show a few years old.  So, to see if it was just an IPTV-EPG problem I took a look a Vader's (Ip2Box) native EPG for ufctv.us and it also incorrectly lists Pancrase 303.  What can be done?

Running latest TvMosaic server on Synology qNap w/ latest TvMosaic clients using latest iPhone6+ and Atv4k iOS update.

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="UFCTV.us" tvg-name="UFC TV US" tvg-logo="http://static.iptv-epg.com/us/UFCTV.us.png" tvg-chno="87" channel-id="87" catchup="default" catchup-source="http://vapi.vaders.tv/play/dvr/${start}/xxx.m3u8?token=xxx=&duration=3600" group-title="Sports",UFC TV HD

Attached Files Image(s)

You shouldn't post full links to your m3u or even parts of your m3u publicly on the internet!

I think you just answered your own question, when you said that Vader streams an old show instead of the live one.
Please contact them about this as we have nothing to do with it, thus we can't help you in any way.
You know that Vader is not a legal streaming service, right?

As you say, the EPG data was correct, I don't understand why you post it as a bug with the title EPG data incorrect.

We get the data from UFC TV directly, so our data is surely correct.
Thought I'd need to post the EXTINF for readers to understand the issue.  Sorry bout that.  And no I didn't know Vader was an illegal host. I've not yet googled any info suggesting there are legal and illegal hosts.  I couldn't find an EpicStream that would provide 5 channels in one account until Vader.  If you can reference legal hosts I would welcome it.  I didn't know who had the error, Vader or Iptv-Epg.  I'll check with Ip2Box then.  I suppose they would be considered illegal, as well, for reselling.
I don't really want to discuss the legality of different services here, but the rule of thumb is that everything that looks too nice to be true is illegal.
What do you think, why you get 3000+ channels from all over the world for 100 bucks a year while your local cable company asks for 40-80 bucks per month for 70 channels?

If you use such services, you will get all kind of crap sold to you as valid programming.
I saw services which stream cam versions of movies with the logo of Sky Select which is a VOD service in Germany.
The movies never match the EPG for that service.

Anyway, if the official programming of the channel and our programming is matching, you know that the streaming is messed up.

I can't givey you names of legal services, because you need to look for them in your own country.
There are no international services legally and you will get the same channels probably for the same money, like with your cable company and you won't get international channels due to copyright and other laws, but you get mobile and you can watch TV anywhere.
(03-21-2019, 12:28 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: I don't really want to discuss the legality of different services here, but the rule of thumb is that everything that looks too nice to be true is illegal.
What do you think, why you get 3000+ channels from all over the world for 100 bucks a year while your local cable company asks for 40-80 bucks per month for 70 channels?

If you use such services, you will get all kind of crap sold to you as valid programming.
I saw services which stream cam versions of movies with the logo of Sky Select which is a VOD service in Germany.
The movies never match the EPG for that service.

Anyway, if the official programming of the channel and our programming is matching, you know that the streaming is messed up.

I can't givey you names of legal services, because you need to look for them in your own country.
There are no international services legally and you will get the same channels probably for the same money, like with your cable company and you won't get international channels due to copyright and other laws, but you get mobile and you can watch TV anywhere.

Hmmm.  I wasn't interested in discussing legalities either but you brought it up.  I thought the foreign channels were there because they sell internationally and some want it.  I only want a few US channels of the 3000+ or however many the IPTV hosts offer.  I haven't seen sub packages offered. Our disccusion leaves me to wonder what customers IPTV-EPG markets too.  I wouldn't use your service if I had a Sling, Playstation Vue or DirecTv Now account, for example.  They already have a good EPG.  Thanks for informing me that if the EPG doesn't match the stream it's a stream host issue.  Very helpful.
Not everything is illegal.
There are people who collect free to use TV streams from the internet and they need EPG for them.
You can find many TV channels (mostly state owned channels) on the net in almost every country.
If you have the knowledge, you can create your own m3u file with those streams without paying for anybody.
In such a case you will need EPG.

There are also many legal companies who use our EPG and distribute it to their users.

But actually we don't care who uses our service for what.
We are not the police, nor the court to judge people and their actions.