Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] Empty m3u files (16.2.2019)
It seems, that we have a problem again with m3u files.
We will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Do not ask. I gave up.
We are cursed.
Apparently only some user are affected by this, because one of the worker servers' hard disk was filled with garbage.

Somebody is doing something that fills the disk within the shortest time.
I know what it is, but I won't tell, however I can't empty the disk, because I am not a server admin and nobody is here beside me.
If there is no space on the disk, new m3u files can't be written.
Actually somebody from those of you, who have no service, caused this.

We will empty the disk and fix the issue Saturday in the morning.

I am very sorry for this again.

Even if some of you don't believe me and think that I am having my best time with an evil laugh and glowing red eyes, I am not.
Thank you for the update!
Both my m3u and xml files are empty.
Are xml files affected too?
(02-16-2019, 01:51 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: Apparently only some user are affected by this, because one of the worker servers' hard disk was filled with garbage.

Somebody is doing something that fills the disk within the shortest time.
I know what it is, but I won't tell, however I can't empty the disk, because I am not a server admin and nobody is here beside me.
If there is no space on the disk, new m3u files can't be written.
Actually somebody from those of you, who have no service, caused this.

We will empty the disk and fix the issue Saturday in the morning.

I am very sorry for this again.

Even if some of you don't believe me and think that I am having my best time with an evil laugh and glowing red eyes, I am not.

If you know who/what is causing the issue, are you going to contact the user and notify them in order to prevent ongoing issues? It would be helpful if you explain what causes the issue so other uses don't inadvertently repeat the behavior.

I'm sure that no one thinks you are having a good time or causing these issues intentionally. Your replies suggest that you are being victimized, which is really not the case. It would just be beneficial for everyone if there were proactive communications. Please don't take customer complaints personally. It's a simple business matter that customers need timely and professional communications when there are technical issues so they know issues are being addressed with appropriate urgency. This is reasonable when people are paying for a service that is expected to work 24/7. Thanks.
The issue is fixed now.

The programmers ensured that it was not caused by a user this time, as they fixed that issue the last time it appeared and caused troubles.
The last time the problem was, that somebody tried to import .ts stream links as m3u files causing the system loading gigabytes of streaming data constantly into the server's temp folder.

This time it was multiple failures by our programmers, among others forgetting to import several configuration files to the new servers for sending alerts, or for cron jobs handling temp files.
They were flogged and thrown into the dungeon to live on bread and water during the weekend.

My failure was that I didn't monitor emails during my FREE TIME and therefore I didn't recognize the problem, until it was too late.

@rudebox: We do not have 24/7 support nor an SLA and we never promised such thing. Please read our Terms of Use to learn what you can expect for your money.
I can't not take it personally when we are getting attacked and threatened in emails and people demanding the same stuff over and over, when I already explained the 1000th time that we are working on it and we can't do more about it.

Anyway, although we do not give compensations based on our Terms of Use, we are willing to compensate anybody, who thinks he needs it, when contacting us by email.

Thank you for your understanding!