Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration with Android TV Live Channels
Hi,

Would it be possible to integrate the app with Android TV Live Channels? 

Thanks in advance!
Can you explain it a bit more in detail?
I have no idea what you are asking for Smile
Of course!

I am talking about integration with https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...android.tv this would allow for some boxes such as the Xiaomi Mi Box S to quickly access all of the channels through a single button.

Integration documentation can be found @ https://developer.android.com/training/tv/tif/
(01-05-2019, 05:46 PM)aguilaair Wrote: Of course!

I am talking about integration with https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...android.tv this would allow for some boxes such as the Xiaomi Mi Box S to quickly access all of the channels through a single button.

Integration documentation can be found @ https://developer.android.com/training/tv/tif/

To use your iptv-epg m3u file with Live Channelds on Android TV you'll need TVIRL. I've been using this for a while and it works.
(01-06-2019, 03:06 PM)RustyTurtle Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 05:46 PM)aguilaair Wrote: Of course!

To use your iptv-epg m3u file with Live Channelds on Android TV you'll need TVIRL. I've been using this for a while and it works.

That’s what I’m currently using but this would be a great addition.

Cheers!
But I still don't understand what you want.

What is Live Channels?

I can find only confusing information about it.

One article tries to explain it and all I understand is that I can tell my app that it should communicate with the Live Channels app, so the user can start Live Channel app and it takes the content from my app, so the user doesn't have to use my app.

Why the heck would I want to do that?

We don't invest thousands of Euros into the development of an app, just so it sits there and nobody uses it.

Our app is also way better than that Live Channel app ever can be, so please explain to me, what it exactly does, what you expect it to do with our app and why it is good for us to look into it and why it is better for you to use that app over our app.
(01-08-2019, 12:10 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: But I still don't understand what you want.

What is Live Channels?

I can find only confusing information about it.

One article tries to explain it and all I understand is that I can tell my app that it should communicate with the Live Channels app, so the user can start Live Channel app and it takes the content from my app, so the user doesn't have to use my app.

Why the heck would I want to do that?

We don't invest thousands of Euros into the development of an app, just so it sits there and nobody uses it.

Our app is also way better than that Live Channel app ever can be, so please explain to me, what it exactly does, what you expect it to do with our app and why it is good for us to look into it and why it is better for you to use that app over our app.

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply. You are right in many senses. By integrating your app with live channels people wouldn’t open the app as many times as they did before the integration. You are also right that your app is much better than Live channels.

The only reason that makes me ask this integration is for comfort. I have a Xiaomi Mi Box S which has a dedicated button to launch Live channels and, as a result, the integration would allow me (and anyone with the Xiaomi Mi Box S) to watch TV with a single button.

Live channels is an app by Google which allows to import channel ‘sources’ provided by an app. The description you have given is quite correct, the app gives the content to live channels. I am currently using TVirl as I’ve indicated before but I’d love to use this app.

Thank you for your time.
Thank you for verifying it. I didn't want to believe it, but apparently it's real.
I can't even fathom, how anybody would see this as a way to do things.

Call Google or Xiaomi and tell them to make that button customizable, so you can attach any app to that button. Not the other way around.
I believe I am in the wrong movie.

We won't put any money, time and effort into developing something that will make our app obsolete.

I won't develop something just to make Google better while I make the user experience worse.
That is just insanely illogical.

Sorry.
(01-10-2019, 08:23 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: Thank you for verifying it. I didn't want to believe it, but apparently it's real.
I can't even fathom, how anybody would see this as a way to do things.

Call Google or Xiaomi and tell them to make that button customizable, so you can attach any app to that button. Not the other way around.
I believe I am in the wrong movie.

We won't put any money, time and effort into developing something that will make our app obsolete.

I won't develop something just to make Google better while I make the user experience worse.
That is just insanely illogical.

Sorry.

I perfectly understand it. 

Thank you for considering it!
If you use that Live Channel app, you may start the tv with one button, but you will miss many many cool features.
That crap needs you to load EPG manually every 2 days even.
With any decent app the EPG is updated automatically.

With our app you can add your favorites to the home screen and start them from there. You don't even need to start our app.

Actually if you switch off the TV with our app running on a streaming channel, your tv will start from there when you switch on the TV again.
Sometimes there is a bug which prevents the stream being updated, so you might need to change the channel first by poushing the up or down arrow, but we will fix that soon.
(this may vary with different devices)