Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPiG failure - or is it?
I've just upgraded my iptv-epg account and increase channel cover from 100 to 250 channels. At about the same time EPiG on my Samsung TV ceased working. I can view the channel lists by group but the load of the individual channels fails. I can view the iptv-epg list on my Win10/NextPVR client OK.

Any ideas why this might happen?

Also at about the same time I changed my router and ISP. This is also a candidate for the cause of the problem.

Thanks Paul
I am not sure what it can cause this.

The site updates the data for the app within a second and the app receives the latest data every time it starts.

The Samsung version has some issues with updating without restart (we will fix that soon), so please try to restart the app, if you didn't yet.
(11-21-2018, 01:11 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: I am not sure what it can cause this.

The site updates the data for the app within a second and the app receives the latest data every time it starts.

The Samsung version has some issues with updating without restart (we will fix that soon), so please try to restart the app, if you didn't yet.

Thanks. I have done multiple restarts on the Samsung app with no effect. My source playlist works oK using VLC. My IPTV-EPG playlist still works OK on Win10/NextPVR . Hence there must be something wrong with the export into EPiG. Are you able to explore my config from your end? Also with my new subscription I can have multiple playlists. Is it worth trying this? How do I start a second playlist?
The Samsung app is not able to handle multiple m3u files!
You simply click the "upload new m3u" button.

I will try to check your files on Samsung, maybe I will be able to see why it's not working for you.
(11-27-2018, 09:24 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: The Samsung app is not able to handle multiple m3u files!

I will try to check your files on Samsung, maybe I will be able to see why it's not working for you.

Thanks for your help.
(11-28-2018, 12:09 PM)Bunkermentality Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 09:24 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: The Samsung app is not able to handle multiple m3u files!

Thanks for your help.

I have discovered the problem. My new ISP is Vodafone/Openreach. The default DNS IP provided inhibits access. Using an alternative DNS caused all to work OK.
Cool!
Thanks for the heads up!
Unfortunately I spoke too soon. I have two Samsung TVs, one pre 2016 and one post. Both ceased working at the same time, when I changed ISP and upgraded my IPTV-EPG account. When I fixed the DNS problem caused by the new ISP the pre 2016 TV started working, using Smart IPTV. 

On the post 2016 EPiG does not proceed further than the sliding white spots screen. Previously it worked OK up to the point when I changed ISP and upgraded my IPTV-EPG account.

So I completely deleted EPiG and powered down the TV for a couple of minutes. I created a fresh USB install and applied this. Still no progress beyond the bouncing spots screen. As DNS is eliminated as a cause did my account upgrade somehow cause EPiG to fail?
If it worked before and now it doesn't then the problem is somewhere outside of our jurisdiction.

Upgrading your account doesn't change anything.

If you added new channels since then, it is possible that malformatted data causes this, although it never happened on Samsung, only on Android.

Disable all the groups and channels except one channel in the first group.
See if the app starts.
If it does, switch back all the channels one by one and see, which one breaks the app.
If you find such a channel, let me know which one it is.
I switched all channels off, bar one, with no success. Then I deleted and reinstalled the app. Again with no success. So then I switched all of the channels off. Still no success.