Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel icons to use only changes m3u not EPG
Hi,

When changing the setting "Channel icons to use" to "Use icons from source where possible", it only applies this setting to the hosted .m3u file and not the EPG .XML file.
This causes my Plex instance to try and load the icons from the EPG .XML, which don't exist (Dutch channels don't appear to be added yet)
I have made sure all my channels in my m3u file have an icon, and the exported m3u does indeed use these icons, but the XML does not.

Is this a bug or is this intended? 

Regards,
Guy
Neither.
We just didn't think of it.

In some apps you can choose if you want to use icons from m3u or from xml.
If you have such an option in plex, switch it to m3u.

If not, then you have to live with it for now.

I will see if we can do something about it.
(08-19-2018, 05:22 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: Neither.
We just didn't think of it.

In some apps you can choose if you want to use icons from m3u or from xml.
If you have such an option in plex, switch it to m3u.

If not, then you have to live with it for now.

I will see if we can do something about it.

Sadly cannot choose to use the icons from the .m3u file, would be great if this feature can be implemented.
Or you could contact the plex developers and ask them for the feature to be able to choose from m3u. Thought about that? Smile
Why are always WE who have to develop around other people's mistakes?
I wouldn't call it a mistake on either side to be honest. I just expected different behaviour from the button than what it actually does.
It's an m3u editor, not an xml editor.
None the less we will try to add a feature being able to change the url in the xml as well.
We discussed this and we decided not to do it.

This is a task that would cost extreme resources for nothing.

Nobody else had this issue, although many people use Plex, so I think, you just did something wrong, if your Plex is crashing.

If you think that you did everything right and this is what lets your server crashing, please ask the Plex developers to implement a source switching function.

That is way simpler to create than disassembling thousands of xml files, searching for hundreds of different icons for thousands of different users, putting them in the right place and then assembling the xml file again.

The cause doesn't justify the processor time and server resources needed.