Please read the Status Report Forum!

Use our own app called EPiG to get full EPG without needing an XML! You find it in your profile!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPG is off or not present for a lot of my channels
(01-27-2020, 06:19 PM)matrixebiz Wrote: Hello, so are we supposed to set the "Use Own Timezone" option in our account now?

You can, but you don't have to.
My guide shows the channel listings is off by 6 hours. So I should clear the TV Guide in the App then have it reload it all again? it was working fine before the system maintenance.
(01-27-2020, 06:57 PM)matrixebiz Wrote: My guide shows the channel listings is off by 6 hours. So I should clear the TV Guide in the App then have it reload it all again? it was working fine before the system maintenance.

Yes.
We had issues with timezoines, which have been fixed, but your app is probably saving the old data.
Actually it seems to be only certain stations. I cleared out the TV Guide and re-downloaded but for example Canada "CTV Toronto" seems fine but the CITYTV channels "City Toronto" are 6 hours ahead of what is supposed to be playing.
Ok, we figured it out.

The times are not changed when you change the time zone.
We will fix it in the next 24 hours.
(01-28-2020, 12:12 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: Ok, we figured it out.

... but like I mentioned, it seems fine for some channels but not others, does that make sense regarding the fix you are going to implement?
(01-28-2020, 12:14 AM)matrixebiz Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 12:12 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: Ok, we figured it out.

... but like I mentioned, it seems fine for some channels but not others, does that make sense regarding the fix you are going to implement?

Yes, we know why it is happening. Don't worry.
It will be all right in 12-24 hours.
(01-28-2020, 12:15 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: Yes, we know why it is happening. Don't worry.

Great news and thank you for the update!

Quick question though: Previously, I had my timezone on my profile set to the default Use Server Time, which always worked great for me before this issue.   In troubleshooting this and based on the recommendation earlier, I updated my timezone to America/New_York (the timezone I am in).    Should I change this back to the Use Server Time like I used to have it set to, or should I leave set to New York now so that your fix fixes it correctly?

Thanks in advance!
Josh
mcblazin420
(01-28-2020, 12:15 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: Yes, we know why it is happening. Don't worry.

Great news and thank you for the update!

Quick question though: Previously, I had my timezone on my profile set to the default Use Server Time, which always worked great for me before this issue.   In troubleshooting this and based on the recommendation earlier, I updated my timezone to America/New_York (the timezone I am in).    Should I change this back to the Use Server Time like I used to have it set to, or should I leave set to New York now so that your fix fixes it correctly?

Thanks in advance!
Josh

Server time or setting it to your proper Time Zone Essentially should have the same effect, you shouldn't need to change anything if the time itself in the xml is showing -500
Yeah, that's where I'm a bit confused as well because before the weekend my xml had +0100 but the TV guide in my App still seemed to be correct but I changed it in my account as well anyway to America/Toronto and now in the xml it says -0500" which looks more correct to me because I'm in the eastern timezone -5GMT as well so I'm not sure how it seemed to work before unless my App corrected this on the fly for me?