Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
channel xml file, without m3u editor, howto ?
"You need to tell our system, which channels should be in the xml file."
- This is exactly what I am looking for like it was in the beginning of my trial. I could check the channels, save and get the download link of the xml file. Bingo. BUT I don't want to adapt epg2channel inside your system with my existing m3u channel list, as long as I have done all this work already in my TVheadend client/server solution.

In case my source m3u file would change, I would of course need to readapt epg2channel in your webside again.
---> Too much work for me for a commercial service like yours.

Anyway keep up your good work and well explained HowTo videos. Very good explanation.
What if i don't use an m3u file and just point my epg to the xml file that was created in the my channels section? i now cannot alter the channel list as i am now being asked for an m3u file to upload? Why can't i just access the channels i had setup?

(02-13-2018, 02:41 PM)thefan0815 Wrote: "You need to tell our system, which channels should be in the xml file."
- This is exactly what I am looking for like it was in the beginning of my trial. I could check the channels, save and get the download link of the xml file. Bingo. BUT I don't want to adapt epg2channel inside your system with my existing m3u channel list, as long as I have done all this work already in my TVheadend client/server solution.

Exactly the same for me, was working fine for the last 6 months and now is unusable
(02-13-2018, 02:58 PM)morley82 Wrote: What if i don't use an m3u file and just point my epg to the xml file that was created in the my channels section? i now cannot alter the channel list as i am now being asked for an m3u file to upload? Why can't i just access the channels i had setup?

(02-13-2018, 02:41 PM)thefan0815 Wrote: "You need to tell our system, which channels should be in the xml file."

Exactly the same for me, was working fine for the last 6 months and now is unusable

Same here.  Can we get the previous method back please?  I manage my m3u using another tool and use IPTV-EPG to provide the XML data.  Maybe you offer the upload by default but allow us to also select the channels we want if we don't want to upload a m3u file.
I forwarded this to the programmers.

We will add an option to the profile page for disabling the editor.
Thumbs Up 
(02-13-2018, 09:59 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: I forwarded this to the programmers.

We will add an option to the profile page for disabling the editor.

Thanks in advance for getting this feature back, because without it the service is useless to me.
I already have Xtream-Editor for editing, tagging and combining my M3u Feeds. 

Also was there any notice sent to users about changes to the My Channels forcing users to upload M3U?
You know that you can download your m3u file from xtream editor and import it to our m3u editor, right?
If you already have our tvg-ids in it then you don't have to do anything.

You also know that you can do everything xtream editor can and even more with our editor, right?

With this information I have even less understanding for your problem to be honest.

No, there was no notice about this.
If we send a notice about every fart, then people will start putting our emails into their spam folders.
We develop the site continuously as written in our Terms of Use. That means changes will happen.
You are the one who has to keep up with the changes, because we develop the site not for your use case, but for everybody's.
I hope you understand.
Thumbs Up 
(02-13-2018, 02:12 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: I don't understand what you mean by adapting over and over again?
You need to tell our system, which channels should be in the xml file.
It doesn't matter if you do that work by clicking a checkbox or choosing a tvg-id from a dropdown menu.

You have to do it only once.

I done it too around 2h work and thats all. Everithing work well
We added an option to the profile page to disable the editor, but if your only reason to disable it is because you manage your m3u on xtream editor, then you should really download the m3u from there and upload it to us.

Not just because you don't have to do a cross work on two sites, but because our editor is much better, than theirs.
(02-15-2018, 01:12 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: We added an option to the profile page to disable the editor, but if your only reason to disable it is because you manage your m3u on xtream editor, then you should really download the m3u from there and upload it to us.

Not just because you don't have to do a cross work on two sites, but because our editor is much better, than theirs.

Thank you
(02-14-2018, 01:41 PM)Epg Admin Wrote: No, there was no notice about this.
If we send a notice about every fart, then people will start putting our emails into their spam folders.
We develop the site continuously as written in our Terms of Use. That means changes will happen.
You are the one who has to keep up with the changes, because we develop the site not for your use case, but for everybody's.
I hope you understand.
In 6 months time you only have sent the following emails:
- 2 status server updates
- 2 newsletters
- 1 blackfriday offer

So that extra "fart" would have been appreciated, for people who edit their m3u offline or have other ways to do it.
I was also surprised that I got no EPG and had to find out one week later you changed the working procedures of the site.

But thanks for adding the option to disable the online editor in account settings and to find my 400+ channel settings were still in place.

I understand the change, but in my opinion those changes should have been introduced not affecting current users, but to new users only, with the new system.

Next time with a site change, involving big changes in working procedures like we had now, an email will be very appreciated, so users can have 6 days available to adapt to those changes instead of being surprised that changes are implemented 6 days or more ago, leaving them suddenly with a blank EPG, like I just experienced.