Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change original m3u URL
Hi guys,

It's me, again  Big Grin
It would be awesome to be able to change the original m3u list file URL, without losing all the changes done.
If I export the settings, and then import them in a new setup, I still can't change the M3u's URL.

My provider, as I said before, changes it's domain very often. 
And It's already happened that the M3u URL started doing Error 404, forcing me to manually redo everything.

Thanks!
We were thinking about this and it turned out to be a very bad idea.
It would create a bunch of problems technically and because people would be confused about it and would use it in the wrong way thinking that it does something else.
(02-09-2018, 12:10 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: We were thinking about this and it turned out to be a very bad idea.
It would create a bunch of problems technically and because people would be confused about it and would use it in the wrong way thinking that it does something else.

At least you could let people export their changes, so they could use them on another URL !
We will think about other options, if it's possible.
However our m3u importing tool is working well and it gets better and better, so it is not really a big thing if you don't import thousands of unnecessary channels and VOD movies, but throw them out right at the beginning.

Some IPTV provider even let you choose the groups/countries you actually need already when creating the m3u file on their server.
(02-09-2018, 11:02 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: We will think about other options, if it's possible.
However our m3u importing tool is working well and it gets better and better, so it is not really a big thing if you don't import thousands of unnecessary channels and VOD movies, but throw them out right at the beginning.

Some IPTV provider even let you choose the groups/countries you actually need already when creating the m3u file on their server.

Yes, it's way better then before, but I have to type the ChannelID name manually very often.
Also, I love to order my channels in this way, and I only can do it manually.

- Channel SD
- Channel HD
- Channel FHD
- Channel +1

It's kinda stressful :-)

(02-09-2018, 11:02 AM)Epg Admin Wrote: We will think about other options, if it's possible.

To explain better my use-case, I found a communication by the provider to us customers:

Code:
Tuesday 06 February 2018
Message addressed to all those who have problems with visualization.

THE TELEPHONE OPERATORS HAVE RESTRICTED THE USE OF MANY DDNS OF IPTV, IN ORDER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, IT MUST BE MADE MANUALLY TO THEIR LISTS:

EXAMPLE FOR THE LIVE:

REPLACE:

http://telesuper.tv:23000/get.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

With

http://live.now-dns.top:23000/get.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

EXAMPLE FOR VOD:

REPLACE:

http://vod.telesuper.tv:24000/get.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

With

http://vod.now-dns.top:24000/get.php?username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

Would be awesome to could change the domain without losing every change done.
But I can undestand it may be a problem to fix it.

Thanks
I understand your problem and I'm with you.

We will figure out something.

You could also look for an IPTV provider who doesn't have to be on the run the whole time.
Mine didn't change anything since 2 years. Smile
And I have to stick with him, because he has channels nobody else has.

If you have just regular channels, you can switch without a hassle.